9.10.2012

The view from my desk

As I sit here at my desk, I am able to look out the window towards the garden in one direction, and to the paddocks in the other. 
In the garden, the bright blue of the forget-me-nots is stunning in the warm sunlight. The blossoms on the weeping cherry are out and their lovely pink says "Spring is here!". The pale heads of the daffodils stand tall and proud, announcing the arrival of the new warm weather. The calves are lounging on the grass.
Out towards the paddocks, the soft whisper of a cloud sails by against the blue sky. I can see the sheep lazily grazing. There is a new lamb, just born judging by it's unsteady gait.
I can hear the magpies calling messages back and forth. There are insects flying around, bees buzzing, leaves rustling. So much activity on this glorious day!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds positively delight Sam. Glad you're able to take in and appreciate your glorious surrounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Libby. It's hard not to notice such beauty on this incredibly gorgeous day! The kookaburras are overjoyed too!

      Delete
  2. Hello Sam, your blog seems to capture and reflect the spirit of your place and inspires me to notice and to write. Good on you. Cheers,
    m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael, I'm glad I've inspired you!

      Delete