7.06.2012

The re-capture of the three little pigs

It's been three days since I saw the three little pigs...today they were successfully re-captured!
It started with a look...The sheep caught my eye. They were standing out in the paddock, all facing in the same direction (they never do this). The alpaca had his head held high, on alert.
I wondered were they looking at the pigs? Could it be? I mentioned this to three of the children who were about to set off on a walk. I told them to be on the lookout for the elusive piglets.
It was only a few moments later when one of the children claimed that she had sighted a pig!!
I became, all at once, agitated, excited, and confused! I called to the other two children in the house and asked them to come and help! I had a plan forming in my mind. We assembled on the verandah... five children, myself and a loaf of bread. We planned to outsmart the little piglets and secure them in their pig pen (which in the last few days had been reinforced considerably).
Harry and I crossed the creek to come from behind, while Jack waited on the muddy track and the girls spread bread around the pen to attract the little swines. Pinky, Spot and Fudge (I renamed Blacky and Tan during the long hours I had to think whilst they were away) trotted along past the creek as if they were footloose and fancy free. Little did they know they were about to be ambushed.
We surprised them well. It was obvious they weren't expecting company. We took them off guard judging by their surprised little faces. They looked around from one person to the next, we could almost see their little brains trying to figure a way out of the trap. We held firm, did not budge. We formed an arc around them and slowly but surely herded them into the pen.What a relief!!! They were home at last!
We fed them bread, lots of bread!! They chomped with their mouths open and made little noises to indicate their satisfaction. There were a few loud belches... Fudge even had hiccups afterwards!
And now, as I write this post, I am aware of the possibility that these three very smart piglets could escape again. I can see them safely inside their pen from my verandah and I will keep a close eye on them for a while yet...

2 comments:

  1. Good news, Sam.
    Well done.
    Incidentally I find the conventional font easier to read than the other script you first used - the handwriting one. But that's just me - a boring old Blogger.
    Cheers
    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Denis, I do appreciate your "boring old blogger" advice.

    ReplyDelete